Saturday, August 7, 2010

One Week

One way or another, this time next week, we will have 2 daughters in this house.  We still don’t have any information about Penny’s arrival from AFS, thanks for asking, but we know if she doesn’t get here Friday, she will get here on Saturday.  I am so excited and nervous and and and!  It will be strange parenting a teen and a toddler at the same time, but I hope that at the very least, Penny will help me corral Leah for a while! haha

I think I have finished getting everything I wanted for her room.  I have most everything I wanted to put in a welcome basket for her.  I just have to make a sign and maybe get her a teddy bear or something she can hug if she gets lonesome and doesn’t want to hug us. :-)  We are having the carpets professionally cleaned on Thursday and I will spend all this week cleaning up the house and hoping Leah doesn’t totally trash the place in the meantime.  There are certain things I’m just not going to bother doing until I absolutely have to—things like washing the fingerprints off the sliding glass door and picking up toys.  Other than that, everything is fair game.

I wonder what Leah will make of the whole situation.  I wonder how our first days and weeks will be.  I wonder, I wonder, and soon I will find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment